Senior couple




You are here

Financial Help


  • Food assistance and some financial assistance is available through the Department of Social and Health Services offices. Llimited walk-in traffic in every office, but services are available online at and over the phone at 1-877-501-2233. Some program requirements have been modified or waived because people cannot perform or access those requirements. Please apply to determine eligibility. 
  • The Governor’s declaration of a statewide emergency and subsequent proclamation on March 18 enables DSHS to offer DCAP benefits to people who are not eligible for other cash assistance programs. The assistance is available to all Washington families and people without children who meet the income and resource limits of the program. DSHS estimates more than 175,000 households may be eligible for this assistance.

    This cash assistance is available to Washington residents regardless of citizenship status, and does not require applicants to provide a Social Security number. Eligible households will receive their DCAP benefits for one month in a 12-month period during an emergency. The benefit amount depends on household size, income and need, ranging from a maximum of $363 for a single person to a maximum of $1,121 for a household of eight or more people. Once approved, people will receive their DCAP benefits on an existing Electronic Benefit Transfer, or EBT, card or a new EBT card will be sent via U.S. Mail.

    Families and individuals can apply for DCAP online at and then call the Customer Service Contact Center at 877-501-2233 to complete the required interview. People can also call 877-501-2233 to complete the entire application process over the phone. Due to much higher than normal call volumes, people are asked to call before 11 a.m. and to keep in mind that the busiest call times are 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.

  • Apply for Unemployment Insurance at Please be patient as call wait times are longer than usual in this unprecendented time. Applying online may be the quickest way to apply for benefits. 
  • Are you homeless or about to become homeless? Connect to a Local Coordinated Entry program per county here. Access information for homeless service and affordable housing grantees here.

  • If you live in Clark, King, Pierce, Snohomish, Spokane, or Thurston County and you are a tenant facing eviction, find out how the Eviction Resolution Program can help. The Eviction Resolution Program (ERP) allows tenants and landlords to meet with an impartial mediator before an eviction lawsuit is filed. The ERP is free to the tenant and landlord. For more information call 1-855-657-8387. More information via the Washington Courts website.